Tofu nugget loaded wedges
Vegan Tofu nugget loaded wedges Recipe
- 500g potatoes cut into 1/8 wedges
- 3 tbsp SapoTerra thyme olive oil
- 1 large carrot diced
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 large mushrooms diced
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 500g chopped kale
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp SapoTerra thyme olive oil (for frying)
- 1 pack of drained and pressed tofu cut into small squares
- 1 tsp chicken spices
- 100g panko crust
- 50g maizena
- 100ml plant based milk
- 100ml SapoTerra basil olive oil (for frying)
- Coat your potato wedges in the thyme olive oil and bake in the oven at 200oc for 30 minutes or until golden brown
- Use the remaining thyme olive oil to fry the mushrooms, onions and garlic until the onions are translucent.
- Add the carrots and just before they are cooked to your liking add the kale to lightly fry.
- In a separate pan on a high heat and using the basil olive oil, fry the tofu nuggets (around one minute on each side) until golden brown
- Set your tofu nuggets to the side to rest on a paper towel.
- Top your wedges with the garlic vegetable mix and finish with the tofu nuggets.
To bread the nuggets
- Prepare two bowl one with your panko crumbs and chicken spices and the other with milk
- Roll the tofu cubes in maizena, then fully emerge in the milk, quickly drain the tofu between your fingers and then roll in the panko crumbs, swirl your panko crumb bowl in a circular motion to fully coat your nuggets.
- Repeat this process for all the tofu cubes
by Eliah Batchelor